by inzeek on May 10, 2011
AS Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 does support offline mode, lot of developers are willing go offline mode and continue their work (Ex: Working from home, etc.) Simply offline mode means TFS 2010 goes offline (disconnect the connectivity properly between your local machine and TFS 2010 server) while your solution is already open though VS 2010 IDE.
Recently, few developers complained about TFS 2010 server does not determine the changes they have done in offline mode. Yes, I agree with that point, but the issue is if you checkout files while you are in offline mode, then TFS 2010 source controls system doesn’t record or track any changes you made. To overcome this issue, you can follow below mentioned steps:
- First, Check Out all the necessary files you want to edit.
- Unbind your project properly – Offline (File – Source Control – Change Source Control – Select Solution – Unbind).
- Edit your source files in offline mode.
- Bind your project – Online (File – Source Control – Change Source Control – Select Solution – Bind)
- Check In all the pending changes files (Right click on the Solution node in TFS Source Control Explorer – Check In).